Monday, July 2, 2012

#photoadayjuly

So, why do this?  What's the point?  Seriously, don't you have more important things to be doing than taking random photos and for who/what?  Well, for the same reason I write a blog, it's an outlet, it's fun, it forces me to see something creative and fun in some of the ordinary but necessary things I do each day.  It takes 5minutes... well when I get the hang of instagram and sharing across multiple platforms and multiple technologies it will be a 5 minute thing but at the moment though, I'm averaging about 15, still a minor part of my day.  What I'm really enjoying about getting into Twitter, Instagram and my blog is what I'm learning about social media. Gosh how quickly this train moves! Big picture, I have to keep up with it.  I'm enjoying the community that has embraced it and it really does make you feel connected.  Connected to expats here in the Middle East and beyond, connected to other women back at home in Oz, many of which I don't know but each with their own interesting stories to tell and connected to my like-minded friend who has the ability to ease the homesickness and bring it on all at the same time.
I can say having this little 'unpaid' job has really filled a void.  I love being a mother and I love the fact that I am in a fortunate position that I can be at home with my little girl and be there for her when she needs it.  I love the fact that the bulk of my worry is about her and doesn't have to be balanced with a boss.  I do go back and forth on this and previous posts clearly show this, but this week, I'm very happy that I have something for me, an outlet when it suits me and when I need it, it's there, without pressure, in between wash loads, bed making, nursery runs, food shops, dinners, baths, arts and crafts.  Thank you for finding me and stop worrying what other people think!
 Day 1. #Self Portrait - The very unglamorous nursery run!


Day 2.  #Busy - I'm not a morning person, always running late and the school lunchbox is just another thing to do in the morning rush.
Day 3. # Best part of my day - unexpected rest and cuddle time on the couch.  This lasted about an hour.  These moments don't come along very often and you have to grab them when you can.
Day 4.  #Fun - An impromptu tickle on the bed after several attempts to put shoes on....If you can't beat her, join her!
Day 5.  #On the floor - My pedicure, a nice contrast on our Maid's room tiles, quite retro now that I've taken notice but these tiles are often a topic of conversation.  This part of the world like to ensure their 'help' don't forget their place.  By picking the most 'out of place' tiles, aims to keep them in their place......... We use this room as a store room.
Day 6.  #Chair - PJ wearing bus driver, making the most of her chairs!
Ok, so I have fallen of the wagon this week.  I knew this would happen but I'm playing catch up!  I think this is OK?! Is this cheating?

Day 7 #Garden -  We live in the desert and this week we have dust storms so this is as close as I'm getting to some garden life.... Miss B & I getting creative.
Day 8 #Lunch - Leftovers!  Yes, I'm a little ashamed of it but it was really GOOD! 
Day 9 #BIG - This is the view from my balcony and the villa currently being built.  It's not just big, it's HUGE! There is a mini bus parked out the front to put it into perspective.
Day 10 - Fav colour - I always go back and forth on this but generally I'm always drawn to metalics and earthy tones. My recently purchased cushions for the couch.
Day 11 - Letter - Miss B & I made this for her Dadda so that she could put all of her 'love letters' to Dadda in during the day and he could collect them after work each night.
Oh boy, I'm looking at these now and not only did I fall of the wagon on productivity, the creativity is a little shaky too!  Sorry for wasting your eye energy! Now I am starting to question why am I doing this! :)
See you tomorrow with a little TEXTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment